Thursday, February 28, 2013

Concept Art

So at the mo I'm in a group project that will be makin a game.  We are going for a 2.5D game and the theme is zombie, but with a slightly new twist to it.  The character designs are still in progress, but here are a few ideas that I put forward to start with.




As the main character is being based on a zombie fungus, the idea of a spore head or bunch of spores seemed appropriate.  I really like the ball spore version with the devils tail, and thought a lot of cheekiness could be gained from it.  Most of the others preferred the 'sideshow bob' broccoli headed style in the 2nd sketch.

The first works well too, but as the environments are still in the process of being designed, it was more a case of just sketching some ideas down and getting the ball rolling.
The last sketch was more of a left of centre test to see what 'monster' version might work.  Went a bit moomin on it unintentionally.

I'll post up other ideas soon, I'm going to try out some distinctly zombie master looks and maybe surreal it with no eyes and expressioned eyebrows.

Either way it has to be relatively simple as I've got to make a 3d model of the friggin thing.  That's gonna be fun.

No comments: