Thursday, March 21, 2013

2D Level Design - Numbchuck Scramble (1st run)

I had to create my first solo 2D level game, and it was not an easy task.  It's still in production and I'll revisit it after other projects are completed, but here are some of the initial designs that were put into the game to start with.
I reckon a bit of playing around and establishing a more challenging game play will evolve, but for the moment as a first attempt I'm pretty chuffed to make it over the finish line for the assignment deadline.  You can only see the images here of course, and the platforms and collection points are not displayed as they're entered into the game...but it kinda gives you a sense of what way it was going.
Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3

Numbchuck and the Sprites - sounds like a band!

No comments: