Monday, May 20, 2013

Environments

Currently wrestling with getting the hang of putting a level together for Ophis Source.  It's difficult to impose your own style on a software when you're just getting to grips with the thing.  So bearing that in mind, I wanted to create an environment that was representative of the scale of Ophi and the insects.
Some of the assets created in 3ds Max imported but wouldn't save properly in UDK.  It's a pity and I'll figure it out, but for the moment the run through and making sure the environment looks fine is important.  A few triggers will go in and if they work fine (they weren't working well earlier) then we're good to go.
Ideally, I'd love to have the mushroom, rose and leaf models I created in the level, as they were the interactive meshes and platforms...but no doubt after the deadline I'll figure out how to do it properly flyin! :)


The player is a default player in UDK but I hope to import Ophi - apparently the magic wand called 'Actor X' that was present in 2011 3ds Max isn't on 2013, which means taking the long route to exporting this model.  But if I can import into UDK successfully, I'll be such a happy camper.  It's amazing how many tutorial videos you have to endure to get some info, but thank god people make them...they're such a ton of help and sometimes simply seeing how it's done is easier than reading how it's done.
Flower model

leaf model

No comments: