Friday, September 13, 2013

Doodles

Pencil sketch for idea - Hilbo
Been a bit long since posting stuff up but I hope to get into a better habit of posting regularly on this blog in the next while.  Been sketching a bit and had a nice idea for a character that I went and did some sketches on.  Have some ideas to move it into a day of the dead style character so we'll see where that goes.  Anyways, I thought it might be nice to stick 'em up on the blog instead of letting another empty month roll by!  The pencil sketch does have an older woman featured while the inked version is a younger woman sans wrinkles just to see what she'd look like. 
I was going for that wild west meets day of the dead look but didn't do her makeup yet as I wanted to see what her face would look like weathered first.  The clothes are meant to be a layered effect with some armour for that 'put together from finds' look...if that makes sense!  No definition on the shoes as orginally I wanted a worn skirt for texture and ankle boots but the pose wasn't sitting right with me and the outfit fell into being worn out trousers.  Wouldn't mind seeing that a layered skirt might look like with tired and old looking lace or something.

Inked version without background sketch - Hilbo

Doodle ideas in sketchbook - Hilbo


No comments: